Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A long goodbye to March

I decided it was time to write a new post but was stuck.  

Like with daddy, grief killed my creativity.  All I could think of for March was how utterly AWFUL it was.  So I pulled up my photos and stared at the proof that there was a lot of good, a lot of fun and a lot of love in the month too.

I think I'd rather remember the love and the good and the fun.  Wouldn't you?
So, pull up some m&ms Sheri, and a glass of wine Page, and read on....remember with me.

Matt turned 18!  




The local strawberries came out and my wineglass looked much better with one in it.  Especially this one...



We went to Florida to see my family...as you can see in this photo, we are a weird, weird, WEIRD family!  But we had mom howling so it was all worth it.  




I had a knitting lesson with a girlfriend and practiced a bit in the evenings...






I changed out our front door to celebrate St. Paddy's Day...




and did something I found on pinterest.... Worked like a charm, no slumped boots any longer, which saved room on my shelf.



We had some lovely weather which prompted us to start our basil...and set out seed.




With spring equals birds so I made a new nesting material ball...




Dean and curlygirl had a daddy-daughter day...



While Matt and I had a mother-son day...



If y'all don't have special dates with your kids, start doing it now.........time truly flies.

There was a lot more packed into the month than I had remembered.  Grief has a way of distorting everything.  But I can take the grief because it means I had someone in my life worthy of my tears.   The grief will remain with our family but so will all the good memories of our loved ones.

3 comments:

Anitha said...

Such wonderful and memorable pictures.I'm happy that you do try to remember the brighter side of things. May this month be filled with good and happiness for you.

jillytacy said...

Here's hoping the happy memories bring you joy and a return to your creativity.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yes indeed. Despite two huge losses, you still had a lot of joy and good times. And were fortunate to see your mom before she passed away. Hugs, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...