Wednesday, October 24, 2012

more making it monthly...

Since I was computer-less for much of the last couple of months, I did a lot of crafting for the holidays.
I already posted my October gift here...but it didn't take long so I got busy making other gifts.   

I put together 25 bags of French Market Soup mix.   The recipe is one I got out of Southern Living years ago.  They have it online HERE too.  I kick mine up by smashing half the beans, adding cayenne and more spices....and spicy venison sausage. (The basic recipe isn't quite robust enough for my family!)   

 After mixing, they look like this...




but once packaged, they all look like this...




Then I got busy during the LSU game and made a cute little grass snake for someone special.  His name is George (for now.)



I am so glad I did something each month this year...it feels good to have gotten so much done.   I know that I'll have last minute things to do and buy...and will have to wait to purchase certain items.  But I don't feel nearly as stressed out right now as I did this time last year.    

Think I'll go have a glass of wine to celebrate!

4 comments:

A Little Creation said...

Hi,George!
I does feel good to finish an item from the to do list.I finished my Christmas cards in July. My friends thought I was "sick" but all I have to is put a stamp on them and mail.

Tammy said...

Cheers! Good for you getting so much done. That little snake is adorable. I used to put together a layered soup mix together in mason jars and would cross-stitch a little something for the lid. Made for a very nice gift. Hope you are having a good week. Tammy

Unknown said...

Is your soup recipie a secret? I love the name, and am always looking for a tested dry mix...

Yarni Gras! said...

Amber, it is from a very old edition of Southern Living. The recipe is called French Market Soup and you can find it on line. If you email me, I'll send you the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...