Tuesday, September 4, 2012

crochet on...

Right before Hurricane Isaac hit our area, I kept busy by making things for the inevitable power outage.
I baked 4 dozen muffins, made 3 and a half pounds of basil butter and 2 dozen basil/olive oil cubes to use in sauces and stews.

I had just started my August make it monthly gift and didn't want to stop so crocheted well into the dark by candle light.


I came up with a tutorial for you crafty folk so next time you have a power outage you can follow my lead.


1 full bottle of wine
1 glass
1 skein yarn or WIP
1 hook
1 lit candle
A.) crochet by holding work in front of candle and use back light to see stitches. Crochet this way until you get a severe head ache from all the squinting.
B.) say the he$$ with crocheting and drink wine to counteract headache you got by crocheting in the dark in front of a candle. This also softens those new squint wrinkles you created by crocheting in step A for way too long.

That being said, my new motto is:


Today the sun is shining and our yard is reasonably put back together. We still have trees that we've tied up and a problem with our roof that can't be handled until this week....but overall, we were VERY blessed to have come through the storm relatively unscathed.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Love that tutorial :-) Glad things are almost back to normal.

Tammy said...

Wish I had some wine. I got no creative mojo going on right now. Work is so busy and when I get home, I just veg. It's the weekend, cleaning to be done, but hopefully a little crafting will happen, too. Best wishes, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...